Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Procurement Specialist to join our client in the manufacturing sector. This position will lead the sourcing and negotiation for a large portfolio of vendors within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for sourcing vendors, negotiating service agreements and managing ongoing vendor relationships.
- Source vendors for a broad portfolio of raw materials, services, and equipment
- Negotiate vendors contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Negotiate price, delivery, and terms with the support of Production Managers and R&D
- Work closely with production and QC to streamline vendor deliveries and supply chain operations
- Expedite material orders and escalate any potential bottlenecks
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Supply Chain related designation
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail
- Experience working within a regulated manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical, food, controlled goods etc.)
- Experience with GMP guidelines and standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.