Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged to recruit a Senior VMO Specialist – IT, for one of our growing clients, headquartered in downtown Calgary.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Vendor Management Office Specialist to join their dynamic Supply Chain team.
As a Senior VMO Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our vendor relationships within the IT department. You will play a key role in managing vendor performance, ensuring compliance with contracts, and driving cost-effective solutions. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience in IT vendor management, a strategic mindset, and a proven ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with external vendors.
· Understanding of outsourced IT services, including infrastructure, end user computing, service desk, and application support
· Knowledge of IT service delivery and vendor performance management.
· Ability to analyze various performance metrics such as SLA, KPI, and CX metrics, draw logical conclusions, and provide thought leadership on areas of improvement to meet business requirements.
· Ability to analyze complex service delivery / vendor performance challenges and operationalize necessary changes in a timely fashion.
· ITIL Foundations certification required, and higher-level certifications considered an asset.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to manage competing priorities.
· Strong negotiation, management and decision-making skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are a plus.
· Minimum 6+ years of progressive experience in IT/Digital / vendor performance management or VMO roles, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 5 years of contract negotiations and management.
· Minimum 5 years of IT/Digital functional experience
· Prior experience in engaging with / managing multiple geolocation IT vendor managed services.
· $80 – $100 per hour depending on level of experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.