On March 4th, 2019 Red Recruitment was acquired by Horizon Recruitment. Orange is the new Red! To learn more about the acquisition visit: https://www.horizonrecruit.com/calgary-acquisition and watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFHryvUyq4
Horizon Recruitment is undertaking a search for an experienced CPA to join our clients' technical accounting group. As an integral part of a close-working team, the division proactively communicates with accounting/auditing standard-setters, professional accounting bodies, audit firms, and other stakeholders in order to make informed policy decisions with respect to accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
The Technical Accounting Specialist is accountable for the provision of expert advice in the areas of accounting, auditing, and financial reporting. The candidate would need to have a deep understanding of IFRS, be comfortable presenting to management and offering training to other departments as a technical accounting expert.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as an expert to staff, management, and clients through technical research and analysis of accounting issues
- Preparation of technical papers regarding the application of new/complex IFRSs.
- Developing and presenting technical training courses on accounting and auditing topics.
- Participating in the Technical Accounting Committee. Leading or participating in other policy initiatives and special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Participating in networking opportunities to both disseminate and gather relevant information. Making outreach efforts to relevant parties as necessary.
- Assisting with the companies Enterprise Risk Management project. Assisting in the presentation of project status and results to the Senior Management Committee.
This role will appeal to an experienced Chartered Professional Accountant with a strong public practice background and a passion for the handbook.
- A Canadian CPA, CA designation is required.
- An in-depth understanding of IFRS, Canadian Auditing Standards, and the accounting and auditing standard process in Canada and internationally are required.
- Minimum of five years of post-designation experience.
- Proven experience with the independent application of judgment to complex accounting and auditing issues.
- General knowledge of the Canadian securities regulatory environment.
- Strong research abilities.
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving via independent technical thinking and judgment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven time- and project management skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.