Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for a Sustainability Analyst for our large BC based client. This newly created role will support a growing team and ESG function as the organization works to ensure the success of their environmental, social, and governance efforts. Reporting to the Manager, the Sustainability Analyst will play a big role in the tracking and reporting of data. Liaising with the numerous business units, you will rely on your communication and relationship management skills to gather the information in a timely manner and your data management skills to analyse and present the information to various stakeholders.
- Support internal and external ESG reporting processes, including consolidation and analysis of ESG information.
- Collaborate with the Company’s businesses and other corporate teams in a partnering manner on ESG matters and ESG disclosure requirements.
- Assist in developing and implementing corporate ESG strategic initiatives and policies, including setting short- and long-term Company-specific goals, targets, and associated metrics.
- Contribute to developing the Company's annual ESG Report for public disclosure, including, but not limited to, planning, content ideation/creation and resource compilation.
- Support training and education activities for existing and newly acquired businesses on internal ESG data management systems and process improvements.
- Recognized university degree specializing in business administration/commerce/economics/sustainability/environmental discipline. 2+ years of professional experience.
- An open and articulate communicator with robust analysis, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection, extraction, and manipulation techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office desktop applications. Experience with data management IT systems is an asset.
- Ability to perform concurrent tasks in an organized manner, change priorities and reallocate resources as applicable.
- A self-starter who can operate both independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with various ESG frameworks, standards, and disclosure requirements is an asset.
- Experience calculating or validating GHG inventories is an asset.
- Specific industry knowledge and experience in manufacturing and distribution is an asset.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.