Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a Supply Chain Manager to work with a large growing client in the Pharmaceutical sector in Toronto, Ontario.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for creating demand and replenishment plans that ensure continuous inventory availability while simultaneously managing inventory holding costs and minimizing product expiry.
- Ensure the flow of product supply from supplier to end-user in order to meet sales demand and avoid any product outages for the Canadian market.
- Overall supply chain cost optimization including inventory carrying costs, product obsolescence and inbound costs.
- Adherence to all regulatory requirements in addition to corporate standards and policies.
- Build and manage reporting and metric tools.
Product – Production, Procurement, and Forecasting:
- Determine the optimal safety stock requirements by SKU and ensure that those requirements are consistently met across the global supply chain.
- Develop and lead corporate Sales & Operational Planning.
- Creation of 24-month Demand rolling forecasts - by SKU, for all finished and API product and the creation of a 12-18-month Master PO scheduler - by the vendor. Proactive engagement of key internal/external stakeholders will be important to forecast and PO schedule generation.
- Coordinate, as appropriate, the supply of packaging and API materials to the respective manufacturing site to ensure timely and efficient production of goods.
- Responsible for all Supply Chain facets relating to product launches.
Internal Planning Forecast – Manage and communicate required timelines for the release and packaging activities of products to meet inventory and business requirements.
- Overall purchase order management scheduling, reporting, and process facilitation.
- Departmental KPI dashboard development and roll-out.
- Responsible for generating and publishing all departmental weekly and monthly reports.
- Supports the logistics team to ensure efficient and accurate receiving, shipping and warehousing of all items including but not limited to – finished product, packaging, and API.
- Ensures that all export, import, and local shipments are completed as per business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that inventory received is entered into the accounting system and that adjustments to the cost of goods are completed as required.
- Represents Supply Chain as the Key support designate as required by Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance.
- 7-10 years of proven strategic sourcing and replenishment experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage projects and to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL. Access knowledge would be a definite asset.
- A numbers person who is very attentive to detail.
- Hands-on experience leading the development and Roll-Out of corporate S&OP.
- Minimum 5 years of “hands-on” ERP experience.
- Self- initiative who the ability to operate independently.
- Highly motivated demonstrating a solution-orientated style with a strong understanding of when to ask for guidance/direction and assistance.
- Formal continuous improvement experience – exposure to 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Active listener who has the ability to expresses ideas in ways that build commitment and trust.
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude and approach to all tasks.
- Team player who can and will comfortably operate at all functional levels internally and externally.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Toronto) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Supply Chain