Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our client's growing supply chain team to focus on Technology sourcing projects. In this role the Strategic Sourcing Manager will develop sourcing strategies and contracts required to implement a category strategy focused on Information Technology consulting services and software. The role will lead complex sourcing processes and operationalize contracts with the responsible business unit contract managers.
Experience sourcing and selecting major software vendors and service providers for company wide implementations will be critical to success in this role.
- Engages the client group to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans and executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines and strategy objectives
- Leads cross-functional teams through the sourcing, evaluation, supplier negotiation and contract implementation.
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- When acting as the contract manager role for a contract, the SSM will be accountable for all aspects of the contract management lifecycle. For contracts that are managed directly by the business client, the SSM will ensure proactive contract administration to support the end user.
- Manages directly or supports the business to manage contracts and the performance of suppliers and ensures that performance issues are quickly resolved.
- Utilizes their expertise of corporate business needs and understanding of the market structure to make recommendations on how changes in business processes can improve ways to go to market; structure the sourcing approach and contract.
- Stays abreast of supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practices in sourcing and contract management.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes.
- Reports performance data for assigned categories and/or key business processes.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure full understanding and support of category management, sourcing and contract management key processes.
- Develops relationships with key contacts at all levels
- Mentors other Supply Chain staff as required.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations, engineering or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent SCM certification is required.
- 8-10+ years sourcing and/or contract management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in technology industry; in an environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations. Prefer balance of private and public sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and contract management for multi-year and multi-million dollar technology contracts
- Familiarity with software and technology service providers, and major equipment suppliers
- Understanding of current technologies and market intelligence / vendor options
- Demonstrated knowledge and results in: multi-step, structured category management or strategic sourcing processes, complex negotiations, leading cross-functional teams, multi-level engagement, resolving contractual issues while preserving relationships.
- Knowledge of: public sector purchasing procedures, supplier processes, receiving and inspection procedures and quality management procedures.
- Experience with ERP Systems such as SAP is preferred.
- Expert in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain strongly influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Able to lead through influence, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to not only adapt to change but to also support change within supply chain and more broadly across the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.