Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Lead to join our client's supply chain team as they implement new processes and systems aligned with their corporate objectives. In this role, the Strategic Sourcing Lead will execute on sourcing strategies and contracts related to the category. You will also lead complex sourcing processes and operational contracts with the responsible business unit contract managers.
- Engages the client group to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans and executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines and strategy objectives
- Leads cross-functional teams through the sourcing, evaluation, supplier negotiation and contract implementation.
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Manages directly or supports the business to manage contracts and the performance of suppliers and ensures that performance issues are quickly resolved.
- Utilizes their expertise of corporate business needs and understanding of the market structure to make recommendations on how changes in business processes can improve ways to go to market; structure the sourcing approach and contract.
- Stays abreast of supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practices in sourcing and contract management.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes.
- Reports performance data for assigned categories and/or key business processes.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure full understanding and support of category management, sourcing and contract management key processes.
- Develops relationships with key contacts at all levels
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations, engineering or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent SCM certification is considered an asset.
- 5+ years sourcing and/or contract management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in relevant industry; in an environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations. Prefer balance of private and public sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and contract management
- Knowledge of: public sector purchasing procedures, supplier processes, receiving and inspection procedures and quality management procedures.
- Expert in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain strongly influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.