Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged to identify a Strategic Sourcing Manager for one our clients manufacturing operations and corporate spend. Our client is undertaking a supply chain transformation program and requires a seasoned category manager to identify and implement strategic sourcing programs and changes within the business.
This strategic sourcing manager will develop strategies and implement plans related to sourcing, process optimization, supplier relationship management, and contracts management.
- Hold accountability for category performance including spend, risk management, relationship management with all stakeholders effected by category usage
- Build relationships and bridges with cross functional teams throughout the organization
- Identify, Manage and develop category project plans ensuring delivery of targets on schedule
- Lead research & analysis into markets ensuring the organization has all insight and advice for sound business decisions
- Monitor supplier performance including improvements to future performance
- Lead negotiations, resolve escalated issues and ensure contracts are managed in accordance with category business targets
- Strong project management and change management experience
- 10 years of progressive strategic sourcing experience including proven category management success within a large supply chain team.
- Strategic process development experience within a complex business environment
- Experienced with formal project management methods
- Well-developed analysis and risk management capabilities
- Proven capability to drive process improvements within a category management model
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.