Horizon Recruitment has been engaged by an exciting start up company in the technology and software space to recruit a Sr. Corporate Accountant. Our client is creating amazing solutions built on leading edge technology and is making unique experiences for is clients.
The Sr. Corporate Accountant will work directly with the Director, Finance, Accounting Manager and other members of the finance team to prepare financial statements, analyze results and support the month-end closing process. The successful candidate will constantly look for opportunities to refine the reliability of the financial reporting capability and meet timelines to deliver.
- Prepare financial statements and communicate results to finance team members and management as required.
- Conduct variance analysis on actual to forecast and other financial metrics
- Refine and iterate month-end close procedures to support best-in-class processes, including preparation of recurring and non-recurring journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Assess and implement controls and best practices to support multiple business units that are scaling in industries.
- Prepare GST/PST tax remittances, ensuring accuracy and compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Assist with compiling financial information and related reconciliation to support financial, tax and government audits.
- Support additional accounting and related functions as needed, including but not limited to: A/R & A/P, annual budget preparation, and completion of government surveys.
- Professional Accounting credentials (CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experienced in a high transaction environment with large data sets and complexity
- Relevant accounting experience, particularly in the reconciliation of AR and AP. Experience with Xero and/or Netsuite would be an asset.
- Demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Genuine interest in emerging technology like blockchain, SaaS, mobile apps, 3D printing, AI, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.