Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Senior Category Specialist for one of our high profile energy clients in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager of Category Management, this role will be responsible for a complex portfolio of materials and services. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the supply chain. This includes developing sourcing strategies and contracts required to implement a category strategy. You will also lead a complex sourcing process and operational contracts with the responsible business unit contract managers.
- Audit and address all potential risks within the Supply Chain
- Qualify sources of supply
- Communicate, monitors and manage compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring goods at a medium to high risk
- Seek to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes
- Negotiate with various vendors
- Facilitate projects with cross functional sourcing aspects
- Develop relationships with suppliers and engineering companies to increase efficiency, compliance and scheduling
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- 5-10 years experience within Category Management
- Oil and gas experience a strong asset
- Post-Secondary Degree in Commerce, Business or a related field
- Self-motivated individual who is a very strategic thinker
- Ability to perform and read spend analysis
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.