Horizon Recruitment is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst for a large, private company with a complex, multi-site operation. This newly created position will add to a newly formed in-house tax department and help to establish the function as a trusted advisor to the business. As trust and credibility is built, this department will continue to advise on more parts of the business on tax implications of business decisions. While the role will initially focus on the preparation of Canadian tax returns, this person will be supporting the finance team on all tax matters including accounting and international tax.
- Prepare all federal and provincial corporate Canadian tax returns (corporate and partnership), elections and annual filings accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the research and documentation of tax positions adopted.
- Extract and organize accounting and financial data.
- Analyze data and present in well-documented formats.
- Calculate and process Canadian installment payments.
- Assist in Canadian non-resident filings and withholding payments.
- Assist in taxable income/tax estimate calculations and forecasting.
- Assist in addressing tax authority correspondence, notice (re)assessments from government authorities.
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations of tax GL tax accounts.
- Assist in preparing tax related journal entries as they occur
- Assist in automating, streamlining and improving tax reporting leveraging technology where applicable.
- Assist in the co-ordination of tax compliance related matters related to the Company's global operations (internal and with third-party consultants).
- Assist in indirect tax and transfer pricing matters.
- Staying current with tax laws and regulations.
- Support the tax function on various ad hoc or planning projects as assigned.
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with 4+ years of Canadian tax experience
- Ability to work with and/or build advanced models in Excel
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and summarize key issues
- Ability to think ahead to provide future-proof solutions
- Must be a team player and effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Not afraid to bring forth innovative ideas and be a champion of best practices
- Well organized, structured, and efficient
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.