Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Senior Project Accountant for a well established real estate construction company with an impressive portfolio of projects, great culture and opportunity for career development. Our client is looking for a friendly, outgoing, detailed and proactive individual to join their downtown Vancouver office and are looking for someone with experience working on High-rise Construction Projects. The Senior Project Accountant will work with a tight knit team overseeing their work in conjunction with the Principles of the organization. The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and an excellent work ethic to support our dynamic, fast paced team. A proven ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands is a must. A great opportunity to grow your career at an organization with an outstanding reputation.
- Oversee project budgets and maintain cashflow schedules
- Oversee invoice approval and payment process
- Assist/prepare monthly financial draw workbooks
- Assist with intercompany invoices and reconciliations.
- Assist with month end, quarter end, and year end processes including bank reconciliations and GST filings.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Oversee preparation of annual tax filings
- Provide support to project accountant and bookkeepers, as needed, including mid-month and end of month payments
- Assist in designing and documenting standard operating procedures for new processes
- Assist with special projects and other duties, as assigned by management
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience working in a similar role preferably in real estate high-rise construction
- Experience working with Procore and/or Acumatica software would be considered an asset but not a requirement
- Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks as part of a team, or independently
- Comfortable and confident asking questions
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.