Horizon Recruitment Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Procurement Specialist for a 6-month contract opportunity with one of our Lower Mainland clients.
As the Senior Procurement Specialist, you will manage a sourcing portfolio covering major equipment, construction services, project materials, and operational supplies. You will lead the procurement planning and strategy for the portfolio and will require strong organization and communication skills. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to manage vendor engagement and contracts.
- Manage procurement and contracts strategies for an assigned portfolio of vendors
- Champion continuous improvement within the supply chain team
- Manage key vendor negotiations and ongoing relationships to ensure best in class service is provided
- Manage tender process including RFP/RFQ’s, Contract terms and conditions and contract negotiations
- Generate, maintain and verify daily procurement metrics
- Communication of project progress to Leadership Team
- 5-10 years of experience in a procurement position
- Strong experience working within government procurement requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with International suppliers
- Experience working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment would an asset
- Supply Management designation e.g. PMAC (or equivalent)
- Experience with large scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, JDE etc)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.