Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for a Senior Procurement Specialist to assist our growing client with multiple construction initiatives. This position offers a senior project procurement professional an exceptional opportunity to work on with a high profile project team in a complex environment.
Initially a 12 month contract term, this position has the potential for long term project work.
- Management of both EPC/EPCM and direct vendor management relationships
- Provide end-to-end procurement services including;
- Procurement strategy and planning
- Risk Mitigation
- Budget creation and project forecasts
- Spend analysis
- Contracting plan
- Competitive document formation and Template creation
- Vendor negotiation and award
- Contract formation and contract management
- Develop and execute highly complex competitive bid (RFx) processes that include:
- Clearly defined scope of work, key evaluation criteria and decision factors, including procurement and project risk factors and probability of occurrence
- Information to assess supplier capabilities, expertise, competencies and capacity
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients and stakeholders within the organization and guide cross-functional teams through the sourcing, negotiation and contract transitioning stages
- Track and monitor procurement milestones to ensure deliverables are achieved as scheduled/on-time
- Provision of coaching/mentoring to procurement staff in the department
- Perform contract management duties for major equipment and supply & Install contracts; including identifying contract issues and problems, working collaboratively with other departments and recommending corrective actions to ensure the proper resolution is achieved, and participating in meetings, as necessary to discuss contract issues/disputes
- Manages vendor performance ensuring plans, metrics, and monitoring tools are in place to ensure quality, delivery, compliance to specifications, price, ethics and overall business conditions are met
- Manage supplier relationships
- Ten years’ experience providing relevant procurement and contract management services
- Degree in related field - Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction management.
- Experience working in large scale civil construction projects involving significant engineering, environmental, technical and safety components,
- Proven success with planning complex procurement strategies and contract plans
- Experience leading multi-discipline team in major procurement initiatives and working with large organizations
- Understands different procurement models and methodologies and their applications
- Exemplary written and oral presentation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.