Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Senior Procurement Consultant for an opportunity with one of our oil & gas clients in Calgary. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading procurement and contracts activity for major capital projects located in Western Canada. The Senior Procurement Consultant will also lead cross functional teams to ensure projects have the required resources within budget and according to project plans.
- Write and formulate contract terms and conditions for the acquisition and delivery of construction services and materials
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure time and cost considerations are kept in control and on schedule working through and dispute situations
- Manage changes and escalations for any issues that surface during the life of contracts
- Evaluate RFx bids and conduct negotiations to put contract agreements in place
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience running Major Capital Procurements in excess of $100 million
- Providing work direction to a team of Procurement buyers and administration support people
- Significant experience writing, negotiating and preparing contracts and RFX documents
- Experience or exposure to large scale construction or engineering projects is preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills is expected
- Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverables and multiple stakeholders
- University level training and education in procurement, engineering or construction management
- Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.