Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for an IT Buyer for one of our high profile Lower Mainland clients to fill a 12 month contract with a high possibility for extension.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for reviewing projects and providing recommendations as it pertains to vendor management specific to IT requirements. The consultant will also support existing staff with related projects as need be. The Buyer will procure goods and services based requests from across the corporation. You will also review and evaluate existing contracts to ensure service delivery.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound analysis
- Strong relationship building and people skills to facilitate co-operation between diverse groups
- 6+ years of buying and contracts negotiation experience
- IT Procurement experience within Hardware, Software and SAAS categories required
- SCMP/MBA preferred or Business Degree as a minimum Standard
- Solid Vendor Management and communication both verbal/written
- Self-sufficient/minimum management required
- Good understanding of contract law and Technology contracts
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate skills with computerized financial applications
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.