Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for a Senior Internal Auditor for our large publicly traded client. This is a newly created position as the company grows their existing team. You will ensure internal controls are relevant and implemented effectively. You will be responsible for identifying areas of operational weakness and implementing solutions to minimize risk to the organization. This role is ideally suited to a candidate with an internal audit background but would also be available to auditors from public practice.
- Assist in preparing audit reports and plans to the Audit Committee and Board
- Drive incremental improvements to the audit function
- Perform risk assessments of varied complex entities
- Visit site operations to conduct reviews and audits
- Document policies and procedures and perform gap analysis reporting results where insufficient controls exist and provide input into policy development
- 4+ years of audit experience ideally with a combination of public practice and industry experience (CPA, CA designation preferred)
- Proven ability to develop and manage audit plans
- Experienced in business process documentation and analysis
- Comfort dealing with senior executives and business unit leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirement
- Strong communication skills are essential
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.