Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for one of our public sector Lower Mainland clients. They have a large geographically dispersed operations and will require someone with a strong cost modelling background.
As the Senior Financial Analyst you will develop annual budgets and lead costing methodology for service delivery across multiple locations. Working with operational managers and senior executives, you will perform variance analysis of actuals against budgeted and forecasted. You will be responsible for pulling, consolidating and analyzing data from a variety of locations and assessing and drilling down costing procedures and budgets. The information will be taken and prepared into presentations used for strategic decision making. The Senior Financial Analyst will also build budget and forecast templates, various reports, and models using a wide range of tools. The existing financial models to be managed are complex and will require a keen business mind with exposure to economics and statistics as a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical, FP&A or finance capacity
- Experience with activity based costing a plus
- A recognized Accounting designation (CPA, CGA,CA or CMA)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience with financial planning tools/systems an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and work effectively under pressure.
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality work product.
- Experience in a growing operational environment an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.