Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit a Senior Demand Planner for our innovative client with an impressive product mix and history of creating high demand products. This role will work cross-functionally and in close collaboration with multiple departments leading the overall S&OP process. This role will will be the integration point between these cross-functional departments. The forecast this individual will create will help ensure on-time supply of product while optimizing working capital levels. Proficiency at modeling and analytics is a must for this position.
- Lead the overall S&OP process, conducting the Demand, Consensus and Executive S&OP reviews.
- Generate forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with the Business Intelligence & Strategy, FP&A, Marketing, Operations and Sales teams to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Provide input to the Production & Procurement Planning organization collaborating in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Leverage data maintained by the Supply Planning organization on Minimum Order Quantities, and inventory aging, levels and weeks on hand in Vega’s warehouses and at our customers, to help manage the balance between on-time product supply and optimizing inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations, or Supply Chain Management preferred; or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Tableau experience is a strong asset
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, Microsoft Office (advanced Excel required) and BI tools
- Organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all teams and levels of the business.
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.