Horizon Recruitment is conducting an immediate search for a Construction Procurement Specialist to join one of our high-profile Lower Mainland clients.
This role will be responsible for managing the procurement of construction services and materials as well as capital equipment and facilities upgrades. The role will manage a portfolio of construction projects ranging in size and complexity and will ensure the delivery and completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Manage the end-to-end procurement process including RFP / RFQ preparation, bid evaluations and preparation of contract documents for major construction projects
- Experience within an engineering, construction or heavy industrial background
- Ensure that all contract resources and support services are delivered
- Develop, prepare, and implement a contract strategy
- Prepare, process, and provide recommendations on contract change orders
- Manage a high volume of change orders and ensure
- Deal effectively with engineers and understand their technical plans and specifications; a strong technical background would be an asset
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverables and multiple stakeholders
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) preferred
- Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
- Minimum 5 years procurement experience focusing on construction projects
- Minimum 10 years procurement experience.
- Experience with the competitive bid process in a public procurement setting
- SAP experience is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with both external and internal customers at all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multilevel, project-based environment with an emphasis on project timelines and delivery
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.