Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a public sector client with a strong leadership team. This is a great role for someone with a combination of accounting and finance experience looking to build their business partnering skillset.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will interact with Managers and Operations to assess and analyze key business processes and budgets. You will work collaboratively across the organization to develop solutions and improvements. The Senior Financial Analyst will develop forecasts, analyze variances and build various reports and models using a wide range of tools. You will be responsible for pulling, consolidating and analyzing data from a variety of locations and assessing and drilling down costing procedures and budgets. The information will be taken and prepared into presentations used for strategic decision making.
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CA or CMA) is required
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, budget preparation, variance analysis
- Demonstrated success in budgeting and forecasting for a portfolio > $50M
- Experience in a growing and changing environment an asset
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial planning tools/systems (PeopleSoft) an asset
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively under pressure.
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering a high-quality work product.
- $95-105K depending on experience.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.