Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Contract Senior Accounts Payable Accountant at a publicly-traded oil and gas company in Calgary. The Senior Accounts Payable Accountant will be reporting to the Controller and will join their accounting team for 4-6 months with the possibility of an extension. This position will be responsible for the management of the accurate and timely processing of all payable, as well as all accounts payable processes and coordinating with staff in remote offices. The successful candidate will also contribute to month end reconciliations and oversee vendor relations.
- Create, update, edit and maintain all AP master vendor files.
- Save and enter all invoices into the AP system
- Ensure invoice approval is in accordance with the corporate authority matrix.
- Follow up with vendor on invoice discrepancies and respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Verify rates charged are in line with rate schedule
- Aid field and office staff with coding matters
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Process employee expense reports
- Prepare vendor credit applications
- Pick up and distribute incoming mail
- Generate payment runs and produce adhoc payments as required.
- File all AP invoices/vouchers in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects as requested and required. Prepare month end closing journal entries.
- Assist with month end accrual process
- Prepare account continuity schedules
- Assist the Senior Accountant with special projects as requested and required.
- 3-4 years previous experience in AP required.
- Preferably 1+ years of full cycle account payable experience in the oil and gas industry. Exposure to operations, capital and production accounting would be an asset.
- An accounting certificate or diploma would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of the flow of transactions/data through the entire AP cycle.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as they arise.
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to multi-task in a small company setting to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail/accuracy and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with JV/AP Nexus would be and asset.
- Proficient in MS Office – particularly Excel.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting