Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for a newly created role with our growing mining client. The Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting will join a small, lean team in delivering accurate and timely financial reports. Being part of a small team, you'll be able to wear some different hats and take on special projects. In particular, they are hoping this person can help them move away from a reliance on using Excel
- Assist in completing month-end, quarterly, and annual close
- Assistance in preparation of monthly internal financial statements and analysis;
- Maintaining supporting schedules for financial reporting in accordance with IFRS;
- Preparation of account reconciliations as part of month-end process;
- Maintaining leased assets contract register in accordance with IFRS;
- Prepare payments of weekly AP balances
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 1-3 years of industry experience after achieving your letters in public practice audit.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience working with a Tier 1 accounting system.
- Experience working with BI tools with an ability to design reports is an asset
- Knowledge of advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Excellent analytical and reconciliation abilities.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain