Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant to join a growing manufacturing company with a significant presence across North America. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities. We are looking for someone who values corporate culture and is looking for a great environment to grow his or her career!
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely and well-supported monthly and yearly financial statements
- Ensure compliance with accepted polices and procedures in all financial records and activities
- Present results and aid with the analysis of financial statements
- Record monthly journal entries and provide GL reconciliations
- Prepare sales remittance tax in multiple tax jurisdictions in US and Canada
- Ensure the balance sheet is fully supported and record-keeping is maintained in good order
- Assist in ERP implementation as required
- Identify, resolve and/or implement changes related to accounting and control issues inherent in business processes
- Work with senior management to support budgeting activities
- Opportunity to work on various projects as they arise
- An accounting designation is preferred (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with 5+ years of experience.
- 2 years of specific experience in an accounting role in a manufacturing or retail organization
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a growth oriented organization
- Self starter with ability to learn quickly
- Leadership abilities and great communication skills.
- Excellent people skills and a great personality!
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.