Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged in a confidential search to identify a new Senior Accountant for a growing tech company based in Vancouver, with operations across North America. This person will work closely with the Controller to provide financial reporting support in accordance with IFRS. The ideal candidates will posses 3-4 years of experience in a large public practice firm, having worked with publicly listed clients.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly consolidation and annual financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports to senior leadership.
- Develop proficiency with accounting software and financial systems, including NetSuite/Oracle.
- Coordinate month-end and quarterly closing activities.
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly working papers for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Assist with completion of annual audit and collaborate with external auditors to provide necessary documentation .
- Assist with developing, documenting and implementing processes and controls to ensure the integrity of financial information.
- Research technical accounting and financial reporting issues for compliance with IFRS.
- CPA or equivalent designation required.
- 4+ years experience in finance and accounting roles, with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Prior experience at a public accounting firm preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting and internal control frameworks.
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills, with the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights.
- Strong relationship management skills with the desire to establish collaborative working relationships
- Highly motivated and results-driven with the capacity to get things done.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Pay rate $85-95K
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management