Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant for a 4 month contract consulting engagement with one of our growing clients. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller during a systems implementation and support the regular accounting functions by allowing the existing team to focus on the implementation. The role offers a variety of interesting and challenging work ranging from corporate accounting, financial reporting and FP&A. We're seeking a flexible solutions oriented individual who can make a strong team stronger through this rapidly changing project
- Preparing external and internal reports for a diverse range of users
- Variance analysis and providing commentary for MD&A purposes
- Create and/or customize reporting from data extracted from ERP system (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc)
- Assess and analyze business processes and budgets.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop solutions and improvements.
- Develop forecasts, analyze variances and build various reports and models using a wide range of tools.
- Pull, consolidate and analyze data from a variety of locations and assess and drill down costing procedures and budgets.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) with at least 3 years of experience
- Finance experience within a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Excel and experience with management systems
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Flexibility to help out where necessary
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.