Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join the corporate finance team of our large BC client at their downtown office for a 1 year contract. Our client is an industry leader with a great reputation - they would be a great company to have on your resume for future growth!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the corporate financial reporting and analysis across various divisions of the organization. You will prepare financial statements and reconciliations and will aid in the preparation and review of the full monthly reporting package. This will include the establishment of best practices for the accounting and administrative groups and will also be responsible for the development of internal controls and reconciliations. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with budgeting and forecasting - a great opportunity!
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) combined with public practice experience is preferred
- 5+ years at a senior accountant level or higher (combination of public practice and industry preferred)
- Experience working closely with a corporate accounting team with experience preparing financial statements and presenting to senior leadership
- Articulate and polished with a strong analytical mindset, combined with advanced excel skills
- Strong communication skills and an engaging personality are essential!
- Experience with large ERP systems (SAP, JDE) is an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.