Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a Scheduler - Turnarounds & Capital Projects on a 1-year contract with additional 1 year extensions highly likely. This important role on our client project delivery team plans the resources and asset availabilities and manages the schedules for all sustaining capital projects on site.
The role requires a high level of interaction with all Project Managers, Cost Controllers and planners/schedulers in the Maintenance Department. The Scheduler - Turnarounds & Capital Projects demonstrates excellence in ensuring all activities for our client are completed in a safe, environmentally conscious manner.
- Demonstrate excellence in the safe and effective management of planning construction projects. This includes a 30-day construction schedule and resource plan, a six-month rolling Turn Around schedule and an 18 month comprehensive Sustaining Capital schedule.
- Effectively communicate/coordinate all work required with Maintenance, Operations and other parties managing work on site.
- Promote and maintain a culture of cooperation and excellence between maintenance, operations, and safety.
- Schedules are effectively communicated to all required parties.
- Strong planning and organization skills, coupled with ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Strong experience P6 software and exposure to CMMS
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient with M365 including MS Office Suite, including Outlook and Teams, SharePoint.
- Experience working in a highly industrial environment – Terminal experience preferred.
- Our preferred candidate will have a related trade/technologist/engineering certification, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a planning/project management role.
This role will be based on site for a minimum of 3 months to build relationships with the project team, understand project nuances and undergo onboarding.
*Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.