Horizon Recruitment Inc has been engaged to recruit a Project Cost Controller for our client's project team based in Vancouver. Our client requires a strong cost control professional who can support the project team with accurate reporting on project budgets and various KPI's.
The Project Cost Controller works collaboratively with scheduling and procurement teams to facilitate a project ramping up in the construction phase. The Project Cost Controller will support the entire life-cycle of the project from project initiation and budgeting to monitoring to close-out.
- Support Project Managers, scheduling team and procurement in the development of AFE’s, work orders, and work breakdown structures to accurately track project performance
- Perform monthly cost and schedule variance analysis and reporting and advise leaders on underbudget or overbudget cost in a timely manner and recommending corrective actions
- Align project cost reporting with the approved annual budget and control budget
- Assist with updating forecasted estimate to completion and ensuring most current knowledge are registered in the company’s financial monitoring system
- Assist with monthly capital executive summary analysis
- Support close-out activities on completed projects
- Ensure cost controls are in place and effectively implemented to control the cost of the project
- Participate in meetings to clarify project costs
- Work with project managers to ensure PO’s are processed before executing work, vendor invoices are processed on a timely basis
- Review project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, schedule impacts, and adequate budget and funding
- Assist with invoice detail review and monthly accruals
- Review existing project controls and systems. Where necessary, propose additional controls
- Assist in new system implementation
- Assist in annual capital budgeting, forecasting, and presentations for projects
- Any other ad hoc requests as assigned
- Over 5 years’ experience in similar role
- An awareness and understanding of the fundamentals of project management
- Excellent knowledge of cost control, project accounting and reporting
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through on all assigned tasks, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision. Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Possess a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- A proactive, self-starter and a highly motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A can-do attitude, an appetite for learning, an interest in efficient business processes, a drive for continuous improvements
- Familiarity with the different contracting strategies encountered on EPCM projects in North America
- At least 5 years of project cost control experience PMP, P.Eng and/or CPA
- Experience in SAP, Primavera, Prism and other cost control software would be an asset.
- Rate range - $70-$80/hr based on experience and previous project complexity.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.