Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a junior to intermediate Project Buyer who will work at our client's office in Calgary AB. Our client is running multiple projects in the province and has a requirement for a Buyer who can work in a fast paced project setting. The Buyer will be responsible for building relationships internally to support project requirements and to ensuring the smooth supply of required materials and goods.
- Preparing purchasing plans that properly allocate identified risks between our client and vendors to meet the objectives of the projects
- Procurement of materials (Heat exchangers, pumps, etc.)
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients and stakeholders within the organization and participate on cross-functional teams through the sourcing, negotiation and contract transitioning stages
- Track and monitor procurement milestones to ensure deliverables are achieved as scheduled/on-time
- Perform contract management duties for large supply contracts purchases.
- Monitor vendor performance ensuring plans, metrics, and monitoring tools are in place to ensure quality, delivery, compliance to specifications, price, ethics and overall business conditions are met
- Manage supplier relationships
- 3+ years’ experience providing relevant procurement and contract management services
- Have experience working in an oil/gas
- Has a background of being in a project environment
- Understands different procurement models and methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working on site in a high paced and demanding environment
- Exemplary written and oral presentation skills
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.