Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting the search for a Production Supervisor for our Manufacturing client based in Greater Vancouver.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the management of the organization's production output with specific responsibility for packaging operations. The production supervisor ensures the successful and smooth daily operations of the packaging lines, covering all aspects of safety, quality, delivery and staff management.
- Successfully lead and manage a small production team across multiple production lines and machinery
- Hands-on management of technical production and packaging team
- Maintain work schedules to ensure labor is allocated correctly for production requirements
- Oversee and supervise packaging process, ensuring high standards are maintained across all aspects of production operating procedures.
- Ensure serviceability and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Be an advocate of safe and compliant working practices across the facility and ensure food safety standards are met.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise shift changeovers
- Responsible for product quality inspections to guarantee all standards and specifications are met prior to leaving the production.
- Ensure packaging material inventory is adequate for scheduled production levels.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience, ideally with planning/schedule experience.
- Proven track record and demonstrable examples of optimizing uptime and quality
- Polished communication and organizational skills with past experience leading teams
- Experience managing change and production growth within a manufacturing environment
- Working examples of implementing process improvements and motivating production teams
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.