Our client has an immediate requirement for an interim Production Accountant on a 6 month term. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing production accounting duties for assigned properties that are completed according to internal and external industry governing practices, timelines and in accordance to the appropriate laws and legislation. This includes communication with Producers, Shippers, Pipelines & internal departments for forecasting, entering/monitoring data, booking revenue, communicating sales splits to meet monthly external and internal deadlines.
- Complete monthly production accounting cycle in accordance with industry governed guidelines and deadlines as well as internal financial guidelines
- Meet all deadlines and fully complete the Production Month-end process for assigned facilities
- Keep current with all changes within the Petroleum Registry
- Understand and utilize the Petroleum Registry to ensure accurate government reporting
- Communicate to customers and staff the required information flow to accommodate single shippers
- Coordinate batching splits to ensure customers, marketers, facilities and pipelines are all aligned
- Understand business and oversee coordination of volumetric data
- Coordinate/resolve batching and metering discrepancies.
- Ensure all changes to Petrinex are understood and implemented for assigned Facilities.
- Document the rapidly changing procedures regarding blending and equalization
- Provide a professional service to internal operational stakeholders and external customers
- Keep education on Production Accounting issues current
- Meet all deadlines as assigned by the governing committees
- Special projects as they are assigned
- CAPPA designation or working towards 2nd level CAPPA Preferred
- General oil and gas Operations knowledge an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Grade 12 diploma, some post-secondary preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet industry deadlines
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment player.
- Adaptable to changing demands
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain