Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for a Procurement Specialist for one of our high profile Lower Mainland clients to fill a 12-month contract position in the procurement team.
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Sourcing, the procurement specialist will be responsible for reviewing supply chain projects and providing recommendations as it pertains to sourcing and vendor management.
- Support internal clients with a variety of procurement projects
- Prepare and issue RFP/RFQ and manage tendering / contract process.
- Provide recommendations based on cost analysis of different scenarios and will also review and Evaluate existing contracts to ensure service delivery and that the legal language is correct.
- Remain up to date with current market trends and vendor activity
- Mange vendor relationships and coordinate performance management, KPI’s and performance reviews
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive procurement and strategic sourcing experience
- SCMP/CPP designation or working towards.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound analysis
- Strong relationship building and people skills to facilitate co-operation between diverse groups
- Minimum of 3 years of experience creating and processing competitive bid documents
- Good understanding of public procurement processes
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate skills with computerized financial applications
- Strong MS Excel and database skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.