Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Procurement Specialist for an opportunity with one of our energy services clients in Calgary. The successful candidate will be responsible for procurement and contracts activity for construction & operations located in Western Canada. The Procurement Specialist will work with the Manager, Procurement and other purchasing staff to ensure that the business continues to operate at full efficiency. This role provides a great chance for a resourceful individual with a strong rooting in the fundamentals of purchasing, procurement and vendor management to expand their skill set.
- Write and formulate contract terms and conditions for the acquisition and delivery of construction services and materials
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure time and cost considerations are kept in control and on schedule working through and dispute situations
- Work with the purchasing and procurement group to coordinate all buys
- Assist in negotiations and where required work with legal
- Manage changes and escalations for any issues that surface during the life of contracts
- Evaluate RFx bids and conduct negotiations to put contract agreements in place
- 3 to 5 years’ experience Major Projects and/ or Operations/ Facilities
- Significant experience writing, negotiating and preparing contracts and RFX documents
- Experience or exposure to large scale construction or engineering projects is preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills is expected
- Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverables and multiple stakeholders
- Experience with JDE, Power Advocate and a CLM would be an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.