Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Procurement Specialist that can be based in either Kingston, Ottawa or Laval. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the operational and tactical procurement of local goods and services, including contract implementation and category strategy execution. The Procurement Specialist will also communicate supplier performance through procurement team and coordinate local supplier procurement efforts in assigned product lines or geographical area.
- Maintain close business relationships with local management to anticipate procurement needs and take appropriate action to ensure optimized cost of goods and services.
- Identify local saving opportunities in conjunction with operations.
- Carry on RFx process according to procurement policies.
- Measure performance through KPI’s according to existing templates.
- Support local businesses with goods and services agreements for main plant operations equipment and parts.
- Coordinate the operational and tactical Procurement of goods and services categories in accordance with category strategy, as well as applicable policies, procedures and specifications.
- Act as the point of contact between country Category Management and operations in assigned product lines or geographical area.
- Negotiate in close coordination with OPM and Category Management for local volumes, processes, quality levels and prices.
- Support local businesses with goods and services required to keep going concern.
- Develop close business relationships with local management to anticipate procurement needs and take appropriate action to ensure optimized cost of goods and services.
- Identify local saving opportunities.
- Ensure global & local policies and procedures are conveyed to end users in the Procurement of goods and services.
- Initiate and support the RFx process locally as defined by category strategy.
- Measure performance through KPI’s according to existing templates and take corrective action where required.
- Ensure locally generated savings are reported as required, and according to category guidelines.
- Track achieved results.
- Support NABS to ensure that contractors are registered in Avetta.
Relationship with Other Jobs:
- Operational Management (e.g. plant managers, operations managers, GM)
- NABS Buyers
- Operational Procurement
- Country Category Management.
- Dimensions: External Annual Spend of $50M to $100M
- University Degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Bilingual English/French a strong asset
- Understanding of business drivers in local market area product lines.
- One to five years in procurement role (category management, sourcing, operations) with exposure to supply chain management, strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy.
- Ability to write procurement contracts
Leadership & Managerial Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral operational communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English and local language.
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Toronto) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Supply Chain