Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a Procurement Specialist to join our public sector client and provide procurement and contract management services to a wide variety of internal stakeholders. The Procurement Specialist will work with a operational groups to develop RFx strategies on a variety of vendor services. This role requires an experienced procurement specialist with exceptional communication skills; Someone who can build internal relationships with stakeholders and negotiate and manage contracts with service providers. Initially a 3 month contract term this role may have the opportunity to move into a permanent position in the future.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from various departments to develop procurement strategy and scope of work.
- Manage RFP/RFQ process to source vendors for materials and services
- Develop and maintain a vendor database to manage current agreements
- Liaise with AP and purchasing groups to ensure vendor billing is accurate
- Negotiate agreements and identify areas for cost savings within existing contracts
- 4+ years of experience in corporate procurement/contract management
- Experience implementing master service agreements.
- Strong Excel and data base management skills
- Experience with large ERP systems (SAP, JDE) is an asset
- Experience negotiating contracts and services agreements
- Strong communication skills essential
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain