Horizon Recruitment is searching for an experienced Technical Writer to develop procurement and engineering specifications for complex operational procurement projects. This role will join our client's high-profile supply chain team as they implement new processes and templates within their complex Project portfolio.
In this role the successful candidate will lead the development of Strategic Sourcing and Vendor management documents and Templates and will work as part of a dynamic and collaborative engineering team. The role will work closely with project engineers to identify gaps in existing documents and will be required to author and implement new templates to reflect project requirements.
- Write technical specifications for project and operational procurement including;
- Technical specifications for RFP documents
- Completion contract
- Equipment Supply contracts
- Conduct detailed review of technical specifications, identify and resolve technical inconsistencies, specification formatting/organization inconsistencies, and language inconsistencies within and across specifications.
- Participate in collaborative reviews of technical specifications with design consultants, legal and subject matter experts
- Participate in procurement activities from public release of RFPs through to contract award and administration,
- Provide engineering support to the work Package Manager
- Engineering degree recognized by Canadian universities, ideally in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or similar.
- P.Eng professional engineering certification is preferred
- 10 years’ relevant experience.
- Superior command of written and spoken English.
- Expert Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, accurate, and consistent written technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve technical inconsistencies and language inconsistencies in technical documents.
- Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders, work collaboratively with others, and drive groups of people to collaborative resolution of issues, while resolving any conflict along the way.
- Experience working with legal, procurement, and contracts personnel on equipment procurement.
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.