Horizon Recruitment Inc. has partnered with a large public sector organization to identify a Procurement Project Manager to work on major projects across the organization. This role reports to the Procurement Director and requires extensive communications with internal and external stakeholders in a very high volume and complex environment.
- Administer and lead all aspects of sourcing projects including weekly management reporting, project budgets and controls.
- Develop sourcing and procurement strategies to minimize risk to the organisation
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders on project barriers and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks.
- Quickly assimilate market and supply chain knowledge related to complex medical procurement and supply chain issues.
- Operate as an internal focal point for project activities generating and maintaining internal stakeholder approval and buy-in.
- Providing project support and guidance to project staff as appropriate.
- Support Project Director as required and directed.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager within a large and complex organisation.
- 10+ years experience developing and implementing procurement strategy for major projects.
- Experience developing and managing financial controls for major construction projects
- Proven ability to manage complex contract negotiations
- Post grad qualifications such as PMP, Prince 2 or a MBA are considered an asset.
- Strong academic record with a Degree in a relevant discipline (Business, engineering etc).
- Must have a pragmatic and diplomatic approach to managing people and projects.
- Ability to work effectively and cheerfully under pressure.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.