Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for a Procurement and Contracts Consultant to join one of our large BC Based clients to manage procurement and vendor contracts for a key project portfolio. Scheduled to begin immediately this consulting opportunity is scheduled to continue for at least 6 months. Working in the Lower Mainland, the Senior Procurement and Contracts Consultant will consult with stakeholders from a variety of locations and operations.
The Procurement and Contracts Consultant will be responsible for the creation of bid documents and managing the competitive bid process. This will include managing construction services contracts, categories of spending, vendor performance and procurement policy frameworks. You will also be responsible for establishing KPIs and managing SLAs.
- University degree with a Supply Chain Management focus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Proven track record and exposure to large scale construction and key infrastructure projects
- An SCMP designation (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
- 8+ years progressive experience in procurement and contract management related roles
- 5+ years’ experience preparing competitive bid documents (RFP, RFQ, RFI and RFEOI)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications and negotiations capability
- Experience working in an unionized environment is an asset
- Rate Range: $45/hr - $50hr depending on experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.