Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Project Planner/Scheduler for a BC Based company within their project delivery team. Our client has a large number of active capital projects and has an immediate need for an individual to join their team to help drive their projects forward. Initially a 12 month contract term, this position has the potential for long term work within the project team.
- Ensure that project schedule decisions can be made based upon accurate and timely schedule and progress performance information
- Plan and implement project scheduling resources, processes and systems on a portfolio of major projects. This includes working with other team members within operations and external EPC firms to develop, support and maintain the operations schedule within the overall Master schedule
- Responsible to the Project Director for the application of the company policies and procedures for the area of project cost controls on assigned major projects
- Assist the Project Director in transferring learning from project implementation to the improvement of company procedures
- Other duties necessary for implementation of the job role within the project portfolio
- Strong skills in schedule planning, activity duration estimating, critical path method (CPM) schedule preparation, schedule analysis, schedule system application and construction scheduling
- Strong skills and knowledge in Primavera and other scheduling software
- Good understanding of the areas of estimating, cost control and overall project and construction management
- Skill and knowledge of overall project implementation management processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Developed critical and conceptual thinking skills
- A graduate degree in an Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management is desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and scheduling controls roles is required
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.