Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for an experienced Permitting Manager to join our mining client and lead the permitting process for a portfolio of capital projects within western Canada.
The permitting manager will lead and oversee the project’s regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy, ensuring the companies operations and capital projects are effectively planned and approved through technical, regulatory compliance.
- Manage permit submittals, revisions and approvals for a portfolio of capital projects.
- Work collaboratively with design teams, construction contractors and commercial team to ensure compliance with permit / regulatory requirements and environmental commitments.
- Manage relationships with regulatory agencies, and the BC government regarding capital projects.
- Ensure the company meets schedules and budgets for regulatory activities.
- University Degree in an engineering discipline
- P.Eng, or other relevant technical designation required.
- At least 10 years of Canadian experience, working on large natural resource or mining projects in Western Canada
- Proven experience managing and obtaining approvals for a range of regulatory and permitting projects.
- Experience embedding environmental design requirements into engineering design and construction execution plans.
- Exceptional Communication/interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage complex, technical negotiations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and manage changing priorities with tight deadlines.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management