Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for a Payroll Specialist for a reputable construction and real estate development company based downtown. Our client is an industry leader in their field and is seeking a reliable and responsible candidate to manage the entire payroll function for the organization.
The Payroll Specialist will take ownership of the Payroll function for 100+ people across multiple provinces and the US. The ideal candidate will be able to take on the full cycle payroll function including the accounting aspect (as it relates to payroll). You will also be an integral part of a new system implementation for payroll - experience in this kind of thing would be ideal!
- 4 years of related experience in payroll & benefits or accounting.
- Working towards a CPA designation or Payroll designation (PCP, CPM) is an asset but not required
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to work under pressure and to meet numerous deadlines
- Strong multitasking skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpretation skills
- Strong computer skills, Advanced level of Excel
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.