Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist for one of our Lower Mainland, non-profit clients to cover a 2 month leave of absence. Our client is a stable organization that offers great work-life balance while also offering fulfilling work.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for the bi-weekly payroll for up to 150 salaried and hourly unionized staff. You will demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers and providers.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for submission to ADP.
- Field staff questions regarding pay inquiries.
- Government reporting and calculations
- Ensure the company is compliant with all legislative requirements regarding tax and payroll regulations
- Provide accurate reporting and reconciliation of payroll-related accounts on a monthly basis
- Strive to continually improve the payroll process and procedures
- Month end reconciliations of payroll related General Ledger accounts
- Ad hoc reporting as required from the Management team
- Special projects and ad hoc analyses
- 2+ years of full cycle payroll experience for a mid sized organization (50 employees+)
- Proficient using ADP Pay At Work and ezLabour.
- Knowledge of HEU and BCNU collective agreements.
- Exposure to Scheduling in an unionized environment. The candidate will not be doing scheduling as they have a Scheduler but some knowledge of scheduling would be great.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable experience with PCC (Point Click Care) ideally.
- PCP certification would be an asset but not required
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Outgoing, positive and enthusiastic personality
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.