Our client, a leader in beverage manufacturing, is growing quickly and is seeking an outstanding Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join their team.
Candidates should be detail-oriented and able to help maintain and administer payroll and benefits. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and time-management skills as well as the capacity to work under pressure. They should be able to go beyond their typical day-to-day job description in a fast-paced and exciting environment. This candidate can provide a high level of customer service by performing a variety of support and administrative tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process multi-provincial payroll, changes and adjustments for 500+ employees (both salaried and commission employees.)
• Process and submit Record of Employment forms.
• Review and process allocations for Finance.
• Audit, reconcile and process WSIB, EHT remittances monthly.
• Knowledge of statutory withholding's, CPP, EI, Income Tax, Workers Compensation is required.
• Assist with year-end reconciliations, preparation of T4 and related summaries.
• Respond to payroll inquiries within timelines, delivering a high level of customer service.
• Process and audit new hires, changes, and termination forms with accuracy and within timelines.
• Maintain accurate employee records in Payroll/HRIS system.
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion with confidential information.
• Establish governance and drive strategic direction of the payroll department.
• Provide a clear vision of the payroll department, anticipate future needs accurately, and implement plans of action to manage change.
• Prepare payroll tax forms and year-end summaries, including T4 and T4A preparation.
• Serve as company subject matter expert and top escalation point of contact for all payroll and benefit-related items.
• Oversee the reconciliation and remittances for Workers Compensation, Benefit Invoices, Garnishments, etc.
• Liaise with the operations and HR teams in regards to any payroll inquiries and/or discrepancies.
• Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
• Must be prepared to roll up sleeves and immerse into the details as necessary.
• Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources.
• CHRP/CHRL designation and/or compensation certification is an asset.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in compensation, payroll, benefits, total rewards, leave of absence management, HRIS and analytics.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven strategic and analytical problem-solving skills with attention to details.
• Advanced computer skills including experience with ADP and Workforce.
• Able to effectively handle multiple projects and priorities, streamline existing processes and recommend new more effective practices or technologies. Experience in manufacturing is considered an asset.
Our client offers a comprehensive salary with targeted range of $60,000–$65,000 and a competitive benefits package. This opportunity provides for personal and professional growth. Some of these benefits include:
• Flexible medical and dental benefits
• Group retirement savings plan
• Employee and family assistance program
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Personal days
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.