Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Operations Accounting Specialist to join our client's growing accounting team team. The Operations Accounting Specialist oversees the company's operational financial results. The successful individual will play a key role in providing financial and operation result insights to business leads, will work closely with business leads and financial planners to enhance the financial acumen and to aid in decision making.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of financial data from ensuring completeness and accuracy through the collection process, identifying the analytics potential, and analyzing financial and operation data to provide actionable insight. Along with the team, you will work closely with business leads and the Financial Planning & Analysis team to reflect pending trends and value realization in forecast/budget.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries for all business transactions leading up to the financial statements;
- Perform account analysis and monthly reconciliations of key accounts;
- Perform other month end and year end closing responsibilities and reporting;
- Analyze financial results regularly to ensure financial data is complete and reflective of operational reality;
- Gather and review operations metrics to support financial data review and analysis;
- Complete relevant sections of the quarterly Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A);
- Ensure consistency, completeness and integrity of financial information;
- Analyze pending trends to support business lead by advising of changes in patterns in relation to their annual targets and recommending possible changes;
- Ensure financial data generation process comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Partner with business stakeholders to recommend and implement improvements to financial data gathering and generation process, including but not limited to the timeliness and accuracy of accruals;
- Facilitate the use of financial reporting to provide insight and guidance to the business lead team by answering questions, resolving issues and advancing complex concerns;
- Recommend enhancement on operation and financial data quality and governance surrounding cross-functional processes and department(s) performance;
- Review and advance complex accounting concerns to business lead team in consultation with accounting policy team;
- Prepare and provide ad hoc financial and data quality analysis for budget/forecast, capital projects, investment value realization to Team Lead Operations Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field;
- Accounting designation (CPA) is preferred;
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience with direct experience in financial analysis;
- Strong drive to continuously evaluate and improve processes;
- Proven technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to identify trends and insights through different lens;
- Growth-mindset and curious to probe, discover, and solve problems;
- Effective relationship builder and ability to deliver results through influence in a collaborative team environment;
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills;
- Solid knowledge with systems (SAP FI, MM, PM, BPC) and advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.