Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Maintenance Materials Manager for a Vancouver based company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role is responsible for managing the facility's Procurement, Inventory planning and warehouse operations. Leading a team across multiple sites the role will be responsible for developing best practices in each facility along with identifying and implementing process improvement projects to optimize the supply chain function.
- Successfully lead and manage the procurement and warehouse teams for 3 sites
- Strategically manage inventory and material levels to ensure high service levels for operations
- Manage and develop procurement team to effectively manage vendor performance and service agreements
- Lead team in areas such as training and career development, quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Manage output and production schedules using Demand-Driven Manufacturing techniques
- Oversee and supervise production process, ensuring high standards are maintained across all aspects of production operating procedures.
- Ensure serviceability and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Be an advocate of safe and compliant working practices across the facility.
- Responsible for product quality to guarantee all standards and specifications are met prior to leaving the production. Develop, mentor and coach team to improve skill set using both internal and external resources
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior Supply Chain Management Position
- Education Level – A Professional designation or equivalent preferred (SCMP, MCIPS, CSCP, APICS)
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline
- Proven leadership qualities, must have experience leading a unionized warehouse team
- Experience in the MS Suite to an expert level, as well as experience in D365/Oracle/SAP and Ariba systems
- Proven track record and demonstrable examples of optimizing up-time and quality
- Polished communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing change and production growth within a complex environment
- Working examples of implementing process improvements and technology in a supply chain environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.