Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Materials Manager for a reputable Alberta based Oil and Gas company.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain the role is responsible for managing the organizations Materials strategy. This individual is responsible for developing best practices in material management along with identifying and implementing process improvement projects to optimize the supply chain function.
- Strategically manage inventory and material levels to ensure high service levels for operations
- Develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain group
- Lead strategic sourcing and vendor reviews
- Manage material demand, warehousing and manufacturing requirements
- Manage inventory levels and demand forecasts to ensure reliable supply of raw materials
- Offer support throughout projects
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with suppliers
- Manage inventory levels to ensure manufacturing demands are met
- Speak with clients and understand customer workflow
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior Supply Chain Management Position
- Education Level – A Professional designation or equivalent preferred (SCMP, MCIPS, CSCP, APICS)
- Proven leadership qualities
- Experience in the MS Suite to an expert level
- Proven track record and demonstrable examples of optimizing up-time and quality
- Polished communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing change and production growth within a complex environment
- Working examples of implementing process improvements and technology in a supply chain environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.