Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Manager, Financial Reporting with our large client in the energy sector. They are a successful, producing company with a great track record in all the markets they serve. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager will have responsibility for preparing financial statements, maintenance of the organizations accounting policies, consolidations, researching unique accounting issues and ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Oversee and prepare the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements to support the internal and external reporting requirements
- Managing the monthly close process and general ledger accounting functions to ensure timely financial reporting including regulatory filings and variance analysis
- Prepare accounting memos for new and/or complex transactions
- Provide oversight to the financial reporting requirements including regulatory filings as required, variance analysis and related reporting subsidiaries
- Create, update and maintain accounting policies
- Manage and oversee the audit process by liaising with auditors
- Special projects and other tasks as required
- A university degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA) along with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Public practice audit experience with 2+ years spent in industry would be preferred but not necessary
- Excellent leadership qualities, problem solving skills and the ability to implement continuous process improvements.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office, ERP systems and database applications.
- Salary range: $100-120k depending on experience.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.