Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Manager, Accounting - Capital Accounting for one of BC’s Top Employers in the public sector space. We are looking for a great leader and strategic thinker with a passion for making a difference in an organization that impacts your community.
- Manage the capital accounting processes including preparation of period and annual capital financial statements and supporting documentation
- Preparation of timely, accurate and complete accounting and reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with a variety of funding sources to ensure adequate funding for capital requirements
- Provide guidance on the budgeting and financial planning processes while providing financial analysis and advice to senior management as required
- Develop and implement policies and process improvements across the organization
- Manage the relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization and build strong ties
- Provide leadership and management to a small team while ensuring team success on overall department goals
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required
- 5 years of accounting experience with at least 2 years in a leadership position in a complex organization
- Experience with capital accounting in a public sector environment is preferred
- Experience managing a team and optimizing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to build strong relationships
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.