Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a strong, operationally minded accountant to join a dynamic team as a Management Accountant with a publicly traded, Richmond based company. As part of a small, tight-knit team, you will get involved in a wide range of duties from inventory, costing, and budgeting to month-end, and financial reporting.
- Assist in delivering complete and accurate quarter‐end and year‐end financial reporting packages within tight public company deadlines
- Support accurate management of inventory by reconciling monthly balances and analyzing standard costs
- Work closely with the engineering and operations teams to ensure accuracy and integrity of costing data
- Performs various financial analysis including KPI reporting, budget to actual analysis and assisting with the annual budget process and quarterly forecast updates.
- Be a key player in the development and implementation of projects, policies and/or procedures, aimed at improving productivity for the department
- Assist with other ad hoc projects and analysis
- Having or working towards an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar position
- Must have experience with inventory accounting
- Costing experience within a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.